As always, our priority is the experience, health, and safety of our guests. We continue to take great care in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout our resort.
Please see below to learn more about our many enhanced measures, as well as the current entry requirements for travelers to Belize.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Belize soon!
STEP 1: Book at a Gold Standard Hotel
Captain Morgans Retreat is an approved Gold Standard Certified resort. Guests entering Belize are required to only stay at properties that are meeting these Gold Standards.
For more information about the Gold Standard Certification program, please visit click here.
STEP 2: Download the Belize Health App
The Belize Health App provides several forms that you will have to fill out within 72 hours of your flight to Belize.
The Belize Health App is available for download for IOS devices in the App Store or, for Android devices click here.
Once you have completed the forms in the Health App, screenshot your unique ID and QR code to show the Health Officer upon arrival in Belize.
The following graphic provides helpful information on the new arrival and departure process, but we recommend visiting the Belize Tourism Board website to learn more about the Belize’s new guidelines.
STEP 3: PROVIDE PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION OR TAKE A TEST
If visitors enter Belize through the airport and provide proof of COVID-19 immunization, they will not be required to present a negative test result for entry. However, if you cannot provide proof of immunization, visitors will be required to take a PCR test within 96 hours of travel. A Rapid Antigen, Sofia, SD Biosensor, and ABBOTT COVID tests taken no more than 48 hours prior to travel will also be accepted. A negative result will fast-track the arrival process. Depending on your health screening results, you may be randomly selected for secondary testing.
Recently, airlines have made it convenient for travelers by providing COVID-19 testing. You can find more information at the following websites:
If you choose to get tested upon arrival at the Belize International Airport (BZE), the cost is $50 USD per person.
If your result is negative, it is not necessary for you to quarantine. If positive, a minimum 14-day quarantine at the traveler’s expense is mandatory.
Start Your Vacation!
You’ve arrived in Belize and it’s time to start your vacation. Tourists can move around freely, but are highly encouraged to remain within the safe corridor of Gold Standard certified businesses (restaurants, tour sites, gift shops, transportation, etc.).
Captain Morgan’s Retreat is located longest stretch of beach on Ambergris Caye for a property of its size. A natural for a social distancing vacation, we are also taking new precautions to ensure all of our guests enjoy a relaxing holiday. We encourage all guests to practice social distancing throughout the entirety of your vacation. Masks are required in all public areas of our property. However, they are not required by the pool, beach, or on the resort grounds, as long as social distancing is maintained.
- While guests are able to explore Ambergris Caye freely, it is highly encouraged that you only visit businesses, such as restaurants and shops, that are Gold Standard certified.
- The Government of Belize has mandated that masks be worn in all public places, including on resort property.
- We ask that all guests and staff maintain a minimum of six feet (two meters) of distance between one another at all times.
TRANSFERS FROM SAN PEDRO AIRPORT (SPR)
Our friendly drivers where civilian facemasks and ensure the transfer vehicles are sanitized frequently. Vehicles have also been modified to support social distancing to and from the resort.
Our check-in process is an exclusive experience, with only one party at our check-in office at a time. We are taking all precautions necessary for social distancing and sanitizing at our front desk. Relax – your Ambergris Caye vacation is about to begin!
- Hand sanitizer is available at check-in.
- Our front desk team wears civilian face masks.
- Front desk and office touch points are sanitized more frequently.
- Credit card terminals are sanitized more frequently.
- A maximum of five (5) people are allowed at our front desk area at a time, including employees.
As always, the cleanliness of our suites is top priority. We are exceeding Belize’s Gold Standards for housekeeping, and our housekeeping team is dedicated to the highest levels of sanitation.
- We are using industrial Brüun 5 ultra low-volume cold fogger machines and hospital-grade cleaning products in all rooms.
- Daily housekeeping can be arranged while the guest is outside of the unit.
- Pre-arrival, all housekeeping employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- All glassware, flatware, and appliances in guest rooms are sanitized.
- All touch points in guest rooms are sanitized upon check-out including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, remote controls and more.
- Towels and linens are washed with hospital-grade detergents at high-temperature.
- Extra cleanliness checks are performed upon guest check-in.
Our public washrooms are sanitized frequently and set up for social distancing to provide peace of mind while in a public space.
The spa at Captain Morgan’s is your private oasis perched over the Caribbean Sea. A place for relaxation and tranquility, guests enjoy our Mayan-themed treatments with experienced staff in a sanitized, secluded environment. Spa treatments are only available by appointment.
- Spa appointments are limited to single use or family (maximum two people).
- All spa staff are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Our spa room is sanitized between each use.
- Linens and towels are sanitized with hospital-grade detergents and high-temperature washes.
- Spa tools are sanitized between uses.
Morgan’s Table Restaurant and Bar
Enjoy delicious, unique Belizean dishes created by our chefs in a socially-distant environment. We have modified the restaurant to support social distancing parameters and sanitize tables and chairs between each guest.
- Tables are all positioned to support social distancing parameters.
- Bar seating is also arranged to promote social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the restaurant.
- The restaurants do accept cash; however, we encourage guests to pay by credit card whenever possible.
POOL & BEACH
We know you can’t wait to stretch out on our white-sand beach and soak up some Caribbean sunshine. Our dedicated staff will closely monitor your experience so that you can fully relax and let go.
When your vacation is over, checking out will be a seamless experience. From the Captain Morgan’s family, take care, and we’ll see you again soon!
The health and wellness of our Captain Morgan’s family and the community at large is imperative. Our dedicated team has been trained in all new safety protocol so they, along with our guests, stay safe.
- All employees are receiving ongoing training from industry professionals and health officials.
- When appropriate, staff are provided with additional protective equipment, including high quality non-surgical masks.
- We are implementing mandatory procedure requiring staff to stay home if sick.
WORKING TOGETHER AND DOING OUR PART
We recommend that our guests and staff follow these guidelines from the World Health Organization.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, after coughing, and after sneezing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue away.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
* Please note that our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures, and all of the information provided on this page is subject to change without notice.