About Captain Morgan’s Retreat
Captain Morgan’s Retreat is the only island resort and casino on the exotic and secluded Ambergris Caye of Belize, commonly known as “La Isla Bonita.”
With a private 1,100-foot beach, first-class accommodations, unforgettable tours and activities, and all the amenities you could ask for, Captain Morgan’s Retreat is the ideal resort for your next Caribbean vacation. Stay in a single room beachfront cabana, our 1- and 2-bedroom villas, or our luxury condominiums overlooking the Caribbean Sea and Belize Barrier Reef, the second longest barrier reef in the world. After your stay, you will know the true meaning of paradise.
Website and Links
Captain Morgan’s is secluded oasis located in North Ambergris Caye, 3 miles north of San Pedro Town, the central town of Ambergris Caye, Belize.
At Captain Morgan’s, guests may enjoy five different room types with private balconies and/or patios overlooking the largest private beach in Ambergris Caye.
- Cabanas. Cozy, thatched roof Cabanas provide all the basic amenities including a mini-fridge, coffee maker, private bath and air conditioning. The open floor design consists of a snug living area with a love seat and hardwood mini side tables. The living room opens into a comfortable sleeping area with a king sized bed. Each cabana has its own private veranda, complete with hammock to bask in the island breeze and to enjoy the Belize beachfront view. Maximum Occupancy: 2.
- One-bedroom Villas. One-bedroom Villas are situated in four-plex units consisting of upper and lower flats, all with spacious veranda areas and stunning views of the Caribbean Sea. These include a fully stocked kitchenette, air conditioning, living and dining areas, making our villas your home away from home. The bedroom consists of a comfy queen-sized bed, while the living area has the option of a fold out sofa. Maximum Occupancy: 3.
- Two-bedroom Villas. Two-bedroom Villas are the perfect Ambergris Caye accommodations for groups and families. Each villa includes a fully stocked kitchenette, air conditioning, living and dining areas. Each separate bedroom consists of a queen-sized bed, while the living area has the option of a fold out sofa. Maximum Occupancy: 5.
- Two-bedroom Luxury Condos. For luxurious home-away-from-home accommodations, Captain Morgan’s 1,750 sq. ft. Two-bedroom Condominium rentals feature generous living rooms, large outdoor terraces with sunken hot tubs, full kitchens with granite counters and stainless steel appliances, dining area, large master bedroom, a comfortable second bedroom, two marble bathrooms, storage space and laundry room. Our Two-bedroom island condos with panoramic Caribbean views are designed with rich natural woods and Mayan stone to create a living environment that celebrates Belizean character. Maximum Occupancy: 6.
- Three-bedroom Luxury Condos. Captain Morgan’s Three-bedroom Condominiums provide 1,900 sq. ft. of luxurious living space. Each condominium vacation rental has a generous living room and large outdoor terrace with sunken hot tub, fully equipped kitchens, dining area, large master bedroom and comfortable second and third bedrooms, two marble bathrooms, storage space and laundry room. Rich natural woods, stone, and locally inspired designs create a living environment that celebrates Belizean character. Maximum Occupancy: 8.
Captain Morgan’s consistently offers vacation packages combining accommodations with dining and activities, like scuba diving, fishing, spa treatments, etc. for multiple night stays, weekend getaways, honeymoons, families, and groups. All packages are adjustable to fit each guest’s vacation needs. Check www.CaptainMorgans.com for the latest promotions and packages.
Captain Morgan’s Retreat features an elegant Vegas-style casino, the only full casino on Ambergris Caye with table games, slot machines, and full bar. Food service is available throughout Captain’s Casino. Complimentary drinks are served while you play. You can also enjoy our high definition flatscreen TVs at the bar. Captain’s Casino satellite feed has total access to international sports games and in high definition where available.
Dining at the Buena Vista Restaurant
Captain Morgan’s Buena Vista Restaurant has been locally and internationally acclaimed for its fine cuisine and nightly entertainment, from Latin and Jazz Night to local Belizean Culture Night. Both formal and informal dining are available in the form of elegant sit down gourmet meals or sociable poolside buffets. A wide variety of exotic cocktails and freshly squeezed juices are available at both the poolside bars as well as the indoor restaurant bar.
Swim amidst schools of tropical fish, explore the mysterious ruins of the ancient Maya, spend a day reef fishing, or enjoy a sunset catamaran cruise. At Captain Morgan’s Activities and Tours Center, our concierge will plan a perfect day of activities for you and your group, so you can experience Belize and what makes this country “Mother Nature’s Best Kept Secret.”
Ambergris Divers Dive Shop
With the Great Blue Hole, rare atolls, and the second largest barrier reef on the planet, Belize is known as one of the top scuba diving destinations in the world. Captain Morgan’s dive shop, Ambergris Divers, offers a variety of snorkeling tours, scuba tours, and PADI instructional tours. No need to be certified – you can learn and get certified while exploring the sea. For more information about scuba diving in Belize and at Captain Morgan’s Retreat, visit www.AmbergrisDivers.com.
What’s a vacation without a relaxing massage? With Captain Morgan’s Sundari Spa, you can release all the tension and stress in the perfect atmosphere, in the comfort and privacy of your room, on your verandah overlooking the Barrier Reef, or right on the beach in the cool sea breeze. Take at look at our menu, and pamper yourself at Sundari.
Cabana Coffee Shop
Belizean coffee beans are of the best in the world, and Captain Morgan’s Cabana Coffee Shop specializes in local roast. Cabana Coffee Shop is right on the beach, where you can enjoy the fresh brew along with a Caribbean sunrise.
“The Store” is Captain Morgan’s gift shop with grocery store, conveniently providing all the essentials, as well as gifts and souvenirs. So if you want to stock your fridge or shop for local artwork and crafts, The Store is right on site at the resort.
Weddings, Honeymoons, and Vow Renewals
If you are thinking of a destination wedding, let our wedding coordinator plan the perfect, unforgettable wedding for you, right on the white sands of our beach underneath the Caribbean sunset. Our wedding coordinator is available to assist with all those vital arrangements, including entertainment, seating, catering, flower arrangements, video and photography, etc. From private intimate ceremonies to large banquet style events with Captain Morgan’s poolside seating area accommodating up to a hundred guests, exchanging your vows will certainly be a timeless event at Captain Morgan’s. You may also combine your wedding and honeymoon into one unforgettable package.
Give us an idea of your budget for the wedding, and price options are inclusive of accommodations. Please note that price range is dependent on time of year as well as number of guests.
Nightlife and Shopping
Captain Morgan’s is just 3 miles north of San Pedro Town, the central town of Ambergris Caye. In San Pedro, you may enjoy a variety of shopping and local gift stores, as well as fine dining, entertainment, bars and night clubs.
- Passports are required
- Time zone – Central Standard Time
- Casual dress, “No shirt, no shoes, no problem.” No nude beaches.
- Voltage, same as US
- Currency, $BZ and $US (2:1 exchange rate)
- Legal drinking age, 18 years of age
- All major credit cards accepted at most establishments, ATM machines are available in San Pedro Town
- Transportation, boat or golf cart. Golf cart rental is recommended.
Getting to Belize
International flights come into Belize City (Belize International Philip. W. Goodson). From the US, direct flights are from:
- Dallas/Ft. Worth
Major airlines serving Belize International include:
- Continental Airlines
- American Airlines
Contact and Reservations
|Kristi Heinrich and Kris NietersReservation Specialists
|Captain Morgan’s Retreat, Ltd.1145 Sheridan Avenue, Suite 8
Cody, WY 82414