This policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining the use and storage of personal information, and for sharing certain types of personal information in some limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person whom to direct such questions or requests, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
The words ‘we’ and ‘Captain Morgan’s Retreat’ do not include third party hotel owners or third parties involved in the delivery of services.
In this policy, personal information means information that can be explicitly used to identify and/or contact you as an individual. This includes information about you that is personally identifiable like your full name, mailing address, e-mail address, credit card number or phone number. This policy also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by Captain Morgan’s Retreat in the course of transacting business with an individual.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By making a reservation online, by by e-mail, telephone or onsite at a Captain Morgan’s Retreat.
- By registering to Captain Morgan’s Retreat’s email newsletters.
- By communications with Captain Morgan’s Retreat regarding service delivery, such as a comment card or e-mail.
- By participating in a marketing initiative i.e. online contest.
We may also contact you from time to time to conduct surveys or to obtain your feedback on our existing or proposed product and service offerings. Your survey responses and feedback are used solely for internal management purposes. You can withdraw your consent to be contacted about product and service offerings at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’spersonal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Captain Morgan’s Retreat, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest, for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information may be shared with other Captain Morgan’s Retreat properties so that they may better provide services to you in the event you wish to travel to that Captain Morgan’s Retreat property in the future.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Captain Morgan’s Retreat to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Captain Morgan’s Retreat to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s past due account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of a public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Captain Morgan’s Retreat it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of a public authority’s if required by law, warrant or other compelling legal authority requiring such information.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Captain Morgan’s Retreat to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will maintain your personal information in secure data storage to safeguard it from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We will maintain the strict confidentiality of all personal information collected, and will only disclose such information to employees and service providers of Captain Morgan’s Retreat who require such information for the purposes set out above. We have entered into agreements with our service providers to safeguard the personal information in their possession. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it remains necessary or relevant for the purposes stated above or as otherwise required by law.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us. Unfortunately, Captain Morgan’s Retreat will not be able to accept a person as a guest without the required personal information.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ methods as outlined in our monthly email newsletters or sending us an email at email@example.com and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
Captain Morgan’s Retreat